- David Medalla is a Filipino international artist, who was born in Manila, the Philippines in 1942. His work ranges from sculpture and kinetic art to painting, installation and performance art. He lives and works in London, New York and Paris. At the age of 12 he was admitted at Colombia University in New York upon the recommendation of American poet Mark van Doren and studied ancient Greek drama with Moses Hadas, modern drama with Eric Bentley, modern literature with Lionel Trilling, modern philosophy with John Randall and attended the poetry workshops of Leonie Adams. In the late 1950s he returned to Manila and met Jaime Gil de Biedma (the Catalan poet) and the painter Fernando Zobel de Ayala, who became the earliest patrons of his art. In 1960s Paris, the French philosopher Gaston Bachelard introduced his performance ‘Brother of Isidora’ at the Academy of Raymond Duncan, later, Louis Aragon would introduce another performance and finally, Marcel Duchamp honoured him with a ‘medallic’ object. His work was included in Harald Szeemann’s exhibition ‘Weiss auf Weiss’ (1966) and ‘Live in Your Head: When Attitudes Become Form’ (1969) and in the DOCUMENTA 5 exhibition in 1972 in Kassel.
Welcome to Arras!
Arras is a WordPress theme designed for news or review sites with lots of customisable features.
- ZURICH SELECTED AS HOST CITY FOR MANIFESTA 11 IN 2016
- EXPO 2015, MILAN
- YOKOHAMA TRIENNALE 2014
- LA BIENNALE DI VENEZIA, TITLE AND THEME 14TH ARCHITECTURE BIENNALE CURATED BY REM KOOLHAAS
- REM KOOLHAAS DIRECTOR – 14TH INTERNATIONAL ARCHITECTURE EXHIBITION – LA BIENNALE DI VENEZIA
- 19TH BIENNALE OF SYDNEY: YOU IMAGINE WHAT YOU DESIRE
- THE STATE HERMITAGE MUSEUM, ST. PETERBURG SELECTED TO HOST MANIFESTA 10, 2014
- PAD PARIS 2013
- ABU DHABI ART FAIR 2013
- ISA GENZKEN – MOMA – NY
Tag Cloudastronauti biografia Raffaella Losapio Caffarella COMPANION Corea crimine crisi Cultivating Bridges dal cielo ci guardano DIALOGUE BETWEEN KOREA / ITALY Elizabeth Serio flash story FLASH STORY DI PAOLO OTTAI frieze art fair new york 2013 From above in space somebody looks at us Ibrahim Il crimine nei tempi di crisi jazz Jill Rock Korea Lello Lopez letteratura italiana migrazione Lidia Curti London Biennale Marzouk Mejiri Mediterranean Michaela Quadraro museo Carlo Bilotti nascita di art a part of culture paolo nespoli Paolo Ottai Portici Puki pacifista PUKI POLLINATION racconti Raffaella Losapio rainbow Reynolds Reynolds Caffarella space spazio studio.ra Sudlab Vittoria biasi White & White